Monday, February 16, 2009

Bathboom Gincat

I’ve spent the better part of today writing a feature about Prohibition in 1920s America, which is an interesting subject if you throw in Al Capone and some bathtub gin explosions. It occurred to me half way through though that I am pretty much sick to death of writing about booze and bars; I haven’t written about anything else for two years and I think I need a breather.

Having just had that thought, a blog feed I subscribe to pinged up a new entry; it’s by a chap who freelances for a local paper in Philadelphia. His piece talked about the place local papers have in a community and how important they can be. I think he is right. I’ve been wondering what to do when I get back and I think I’d like to have a go at that. It would be nice to be contributing to a slightly wider audience than Australia’s mixology community.

‘Cat stuck in tree’ would certainly make a change from the hand-chipped Vs Hozisaki ice debate.







Here's a picture of the Dog Track Tractor I took on Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Love the cat label here. Anyone reading this for pussycat antics would get rather a surprise...

    ReplyDelete