Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dogbeans

My brain will not function today, I don’t know why. Have been sitting in front of a blank screen for almost four hours now and nothing is coming out. Not so much of a problem for these pages, but I have half a magazine to write in two weeks and it aint happening at this rate.

I booked a ticket back to London at the weekend. Feeling both good and bad about this, which is to be expected I suppose. I came to Sydney to edit a magazine - something I have long wanted to do but at times thought would never happen - but the mag has become the latest victim of the global economic shithouse and as a result, so have I. As happy as I am to be going home to friends, family, cats and a band, I’m sad to leave the magazine and new friends behind, and I really hope I get the chance to do it again somewhere else.

Still, on a more positive note, it was a weekend of firsts for me. I broke my Australian greyhounds cherry (which sounds like a sex spam email headline) and can report that going to The Dogs here is exactly the same as it is at home but with better looking, suntanned chavs. I also refilled a bean bag with about 100,000 tiny polystyrene beans and it was one of the most satisfying and messy things I’ve ever done.

Got an email from some journalism website asking for an interview which is a bit random, but here it is: http://www.whohub.com/iveswrites

2 comments:

  1. Next time, combine the two (kind of): fill the bean bag in a room with a dog - ideally on a slippery floor. It's hilarious. But even more messy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'll borrow a dog next time. Messy is often the best way...

    ReplyDelete